Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's all about relationships


In life, it’s all about relationships. Spiritually, personally and professionally we need relationships to fully embrace all that this life has to offer.

In my journey through Be the Change, I am consistently reminded of the power that a respectful relationship holds. Since I began working from home in my dual-purpose Be the Change office, I challenge myself daily to reserve a part of each day to do some reading and have some quiet time. It has truly enriched my spiritual relationships, far exceeding my limited expectations. With Be the Change, I am connected to kindred hearts that provide relationships I need to keep me focused, fueled and humbly mindful of its purpose. My relationship with the health care community is vital to the type of medical care I receive, even if it’s just for my yearly physical. The partnerships I am developing with people from the health care community are key to meeting Be the Change objectives which is centered in relationships.

All of these examples of relationships speak into my personal life and my relationships there that I hold near and dear to my heart. I believe the way I conduct myself professionally is defined by who I am personally, largely due to the relationships I had growing up.

This Memorial Day weekend, I hope you choose to take some time to reflect upon the relationships in your life. In this fast-paced world of electronic connection where professional, personal and spiritual relationships have a wide scope, it is even more important to devote quality time to developing and maintaining relationships. As we honor and remember those who have gone before us this Memorial Day, especially those currently serving our country, think about what it was about them that impacted your life. No doubt it is something that was rooted and cultivated by a nurtured relationship.

Definitely life is all about relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment